This blog has been abandon for so long. and Ubuntu is not my interest anymore.bye!
- System -> Administration -> Networking
- Network settings
Connections Tab -> Select "Ethernet connection" -> Properties
Connection -> Enable this connection (Checked)
Connection Settings -> Configuration: Select "DHCP/Static IP address"
DNS Tab -> DNS Servers -> Add/Delete
Posted by Masha Naizli Menhat at 4:12 AM
- System -> Administration -> Network
- Network settings
Connections Tab -> Select "Ethernet connection" -> Activate/Deactivate
Note: in Feisty, the network names have changed. Instead of "Ethernet connection", you may have "Wireless connection", "Wired connection" and "Modem connection". Also, they don't have an Activate/Deactivate option. Instead, go to "Properties", and activate or deactivate from there.
Posted by Masha Naizli Menhat at 4:09 AM
First, you'll need to configure your client to connect to the Google Talk service.
To configure your account:
- Open Pidgin.
- From the Accounts menu, select Add/Edit.
- Click Add from the Accounts window.
- Enter the following information in the Add Account window:
- Protocol: XMPP
- Screen Name: your Google Talk username (without any @ symbol or domain).
- Server: Enter a server value depending on your type of account:
- Gmail account users should enter gmail.com
- Google Mail accounts (firstname.lastname@example.org) should enter googlemail.com
- If you're signing in with a Google Account that's not linked to any Google email service, enter gmail.com
- Google Apps users, please visit the Apps Help Center for instructions
- Password: we suggest leaving this field blank for increased security, but if you'd like to log in automatically, enter your password
- Local Alias: leave this field blank
- Remember password: check the box if you'd like Pidgin to remember your password (you won't be prompted to enter it each time you log in, if you select this option)
- New mail notifications: check the box if you'd like Pidgin to notify you of unread email in your inbox.
Posted by Masha Naizli Menhat at 4:02 AM
Install Pidgin 2.0.0 on Ubuntu Feisty
Install .deb packages using the following command
sudo dpkg -i pidgin_2.0.0-1_i386.deb
If you want more details after installation check here
Install Pidgin 2.0.0 Plugin Pack on Ubuntu Feisty
This plugin pack contains the following plugins
Plugins in the Plugin Pack
2. Auto Accept
4. Auto Reply
7. Buddy Icon Tools
8. Buddy List Options
9. Buddy Note
15. Magic 8 Ball
18. Group Message
19. Hide Conversation
20. IRC Helper
21. Irssi Features
22. Last Seen
23. List Handler
24. Marker Line
25. My Status Box
27. New Line
28. Nick Said
29. Offline Message
30. Old Logger
33. Separate and Tab
34. Show Offline
35. Sim Fix
36. Slash Exec
37. SSL Info
39. Switch Spell
40. Talk Filters
41. XMMS Remote
Install Pidgin 2.0.0 Plugin Pack Using the following command
sudo dpkg -i purple-plugin-pack_1.0-1_i386.deb
This will install all the plugins menctioned above.
Posted by Masha Naizli Menhat at 5:44 AM